Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Dirt Road Gypsies - Jump on the Wagon

I like country music.  Pretty much all types from Nashville to Texas to Bakersfield.  What I don't like is this recent saturation of pop music that pretends to be country.  Sorry Idol losers, you ain't cuttin' it.  Taylor Swift?  Time to go back to class.  Rascal Flatts?  Hair gel and spiky hair are so out.  Time to make some real country music. 

The Dirt Road Gypsies out of Dallas, Texas have made themselves a good 'ol country record.  If I lived down there with y'all I be out in some Honky Tonk looking to hear these guys live.  This record is as good as anything I've heard lately out of Nashville.  Just check out the first single with Deryl Dodd "I'm So Out Of Style".  Boots are gonna be out on the dance floor for this one folks.  Good time country music that goes down smooth.  Makes me want a Shiner Bock (which I can't get in NY)!

There's a bunch of cuts that are great.  Some rockers, some slow ones, even a little bit of King George sound.  This is good stuff my friends so turn off CMT and grab this one along with a beer.  Even better, dance your significant other once around the house.  Good times for sure.

Crazy's All They Got


I'm So Out Of Style



2 comments:

  1. I love the DRG - these guys rock it. I have seen them so many times I can't count! They always put on a great show. I got one of the first CD's and listen to them all the time! They are also a group of GREAT guys! Go hear them....you'll love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words! We certainly appreciate it. Also wanted to let you know that we are still around. You can connect with us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/DirtRoadGypsies , and our website is www.dirtroadgypsies.com . Again, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete