Sunday, November 7, 2010

Truckstop Darlin'

Here's one for you folks that love the Drive-By Truckers.  Well, maybe that's not fair but I can hear the influence on this one for sure.  I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I have to say I really like this one.  it's kind of sleazy, alt-country inspired, kickin' rock & roll actually.

Truckstop Darlin' is out of the Pacific Northwest and they have all the prerequisites you would expect in this genre.  Gritty vocals, some pedal steel, a little bit of jangly guitars.  You've heard it before but it really works for them.  I found myself digging this one pretty fast.  The album starts out with a killer 1-2 punch of Tired Old Prom Queens and Bluegrass State and keeps barreling on from there.  These guys must be great live.  Makes you just wanna drink some beer and raise a little bit of hell.

Good stuff here that comes highly recommended for fans of the Drive-By Truckers, Lucero, Slobberbone, etc.  Go on out and grab this one, crack a beer and give 'em a chance.  You won't be disappointed.  You can download the mp3's at CDBaby.



Tired Old Prom Queens


Bluegrass State

No comments:

Post a Comment