Thursday, February 11, 2010

Rockin' A Snowday

Can you believe it? Two snow days!!! I have been listening to a lot the past few days and I keep wanting to come back to two albums. Two releases from 2009 that have recently piqued my curiosity are Cosmic Egg by Wolfmother & And You Were a Crow by The Parlor Mob. On first listen they appear quite similar and they are to a certain extent, but each provides the listener with both some new RAWK and an updated version of the sound we all love.



The new Wolfmother was recommended to my by my son, YoungRockr. I didn't much care for the first Wolfmother. It was just "OK". Cosmic Egg is another story. This is much tighter and focused and has a bit more of a doomy Sabbath vibe to it. Do yourself a favor and grab the vinyl, the sonic upgrade is worth it and you get a free mp3 download of the full album anyhow.


The Parlor Mob starts out with a huge blast of Zep influenced high energy Rock & Roll! Hard Times & Dead Wrong let you know exactly where this band is coming from. Flip over to side 2 and the lead off track The Kids really gets you thinking that this band may be the real deal. This is just track after track of great rock music. When I Was An Orphan is another standout.

No comments:

Post a Comment