Monday, November 11, 2013
Now there are still a few 400's left now renamed The Blue Seats. As you can see the view is a little tunnel like. These were in 416 row 5.
Was it worth 1 billion dollars? I guess that depends on your annual income. Those who can may get an improved experience. Personally I think it was just fine at MSG before all the renovations. But that's just me.
Oh yeah...the Dolans pretty much suck in my opinion.
Wow it's been a long time between posts. Life just has a way of prioritizing things for you. I did get a chance to catch The Eagles last week at the newly completed Madison Square Garden on the 1st of 3 nights. I am an unapologetic Eagles fan. I know, I know they aren't cool. They are as mainstream as you can get but I have always been a fan...especially the first three albums.
I've seen The Eagles on a few of the "farewell" tours since 2000 and they have always been a good time. This year is no different. Bernie Leadon is along for the ride for the first time since 1975 and he sounded good and played pretty damn fine on the early material. Glen Frey dedicated Take It To The Limit to Randy Meisner who couldn't make it due to health issues. Not a single Don Felder mention...he's suing them again.
The first set drew from the first four albums while the second was made up of cuts from Hotel California, The Long Run and several Joe Walsh tunes. These were the only mis-steps for me...Joe was the only one who played solo material and I would have preferred a few more cuts from the early records. A small quibble though as the show was really pretty damn fine as it was.
Here's the setlist:
- Set One
- Saturday Night(Don Henley and Glenn Frey only)
- Train Leaves Here This Morning(Don Henley, Glenn Frey and Bernie Leadon)
- Peaceful Easy Feeling(with Bernie Leadon) (Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Bernie Leadon and Timothy B. Schmidt)
- Witchy Woman(with Bernie Leadon) (Full band)
- Doolin-Dalton(with Bernie Leadon)
- Tequila Sunrise(with Bernie Leadon)
- Doolin'-Dalton/Desperado (Reprise)(with Bernie Leadon)
- Already Gone(with Bernie Leadon)
- The Best of My Love
- Lyin' Eyes
- One of These Nights(with Bernie Leadon)
- Take It to the Limit
- Wasted Time (Reprise)
- Pretty Maids All in a Row
- I Can't Tell You Why
- New Kid in Town
- Love Will Keep Us Alive
- Heartache Tonight
- Those Shoes
- In the City(Joe Walsh song)
- Life's Been Good(Joe Walsh song)
- The Long Run
- Funk #49(James Gang cover)
- Life in the Fast Lane
- Hotel California
- Take It Easy(with Bernie Leadon)
- Rocky Mountain Way(Joe Walsh song) (with Bernie Leadon)
- Desperado(with Bernie Leadon)