Friday, September 21, 2012

Larry Carlton - Boulton Center Sept. 20th


Larry Carlton and his quartet set up shop last night at the Boulton Center in  Bayshore, NY for a little clinic on how to play progressive jazz guitar.  Last Night was the first real jazz album that I bought and I have been a fan ever since.  While I have never loved his studio albums (too smooth)   We even had Johnny Farina who wrote Sleepwalk play with Larry for the encore.  The playing was fantastic from all involved making for a great night.  Catch the master if you get the chance.

Larry commented a couple of times about how great  venue the Boulton Center is.  I hope he returns and spreads the word because this place is at the top of my list of places to see a show.  Very intimate with excellent sound.  Check out their schedule of upcoming shows.


No comments:

Post a Comment