Thursday, October 14, 2010

Two Really Good Shows

I've been so backed up lately at work that I haven't had time to write about some recent shows.  The Gaslight Anthem was great at Radio City.  I heard more than a few complaints that they were off that night, but this was my first time seeing them and if this was off then watch out folks...

Gaslight Anthem are just a killer rock & roll band.  In my opinion their sound is ready made for big arenas (not desirable) right now.  I'd love them to stay in smaller venues but they are just so right for big crowd sing-a-longs.  Catch them if you can.


The Subdudes made their annual trek to NYC and were their usual wonderful selves.  Just a great group of musicians.  It's worth going just for the encores with the band un-mic'd out in the crowd.  Pure talent.

Two great recent shows by two totally different bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment