Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Melody Walker - Gold Rush Goddess

It's been a while since I have gone through my ReviewShine downloads and actually gave 'em a listen.  This has been a crazy year and I just haven't seemed to find the time.  Over the past couple of weeks I have been listening to a lot of new stuff while sitting around in the Superstorm Sandy aftermath.  We've been fine at the OldRockr homestead...just short on gasoline!

Melody Walker is a singer-songwriter out of the Bay Area and I have to tell you that I love this record.  I've been playing it quite a bit and continually find something new to like.  Great vocals, strong bluegrass-Americana playing and great songs.  "Gold Rush Goddess" is a little sultry, "Family Band" is a great tune that features The Buck Walters (Humboldt County, CA).  Jacob Groopman is all over the record with some very strong playing but the highlight here is Ms. Walker's vocals. 

A nice California twist on the Americana sound.  You can grab it on her website as a pay what you want release.  Pay something folks 'cause this is a good one.  It's gets the OldRockr1 Seal of Approval for sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment