Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bruce Springsteen - Giants Stadium 10/3/09



I was a little dismayed to find out Bruce was playing BITUSA on both of the nights I was going to be a Giant Stadium. Great album, a bit over-played but still a really fun record. I have to say it worked great last night. Lots of energy and Bruce and the band were on fire throughout the show. While the setlist may look a bit "pedestrian" everything sounded great. I took my son and two of my sisters last night and they all loved it. I have to admit, so did I. In fact I am looking forward to next Friday night.

Aside from BITUSA, we got Jersey Girl (always a treat at the Meadowlands), and absolutely smokin' Kitty's Back and my favorite encore, the never fails to satisfy Detroit Medley. Last to Die and Long Walk home were unexpected but very welcome. Now if Bruce would just retire Waitin' on a Sunny Day life would be perfect.

Don't miss this tour if you get the chance to go. He's still the Boss after all of these years.

Now if we could only get the River at MSG...

Wrecking Ball
Out in the Street
Outlaw Pete
Hungry Heart
Working on a Dream
Born in the USA
Cover Me
Darlington County
Working on the Highway
Downbound Train
I'm On Fire
No Surrender
Bobbie Jean
I'm Going Down
Glory Days
Dancing in the Dark
My Hometown
The Promised Land
Last To Die
The Rising
Born to Run
Raise Your Hand (Instrumental)
Jersey Girl
Kitty's Back
Detroit Medley
American Land
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
Thunder Road

No comments:

Post a Comment