Sunday, December 6, 2009

Perfect for your OldRockr this Christmas

Tom Petty finally gets the proper live album that he deserves (Pack Up the Plantation was only OK). You get the hits, the misses, the album tracks and a bunch of covers over 4 CD's with a list price of only $24.99 which is a bargain and a half. I've been playing it over and over in the car, it's just too much fun to listen to.
Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood - Live From Madison Square Garden
I got to see the third night of these dates back in 2008. It was every bit as good as I had hoped. Steve Winwood sounds like 40 years haven't passed since some of these songs were recorded and Clapton's playing is positively inspired throughout. This is worth it for Voodoo Child alone.
Both of these should be on my year end Top 10 but I usually don't include live albums. Great, great listens.

No comments:

Post a Comment