Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Phish - I may be starting to get "it"

I am a jam band fan. Whatever that means. I love the Dead, the Brothers, Gov't Mule, Panic, moe. and tons of others. I never got the Phish thing. I've tried a bunch of times and have seen them live (although it was a looooooooooooong time ago). I think I just hate Phish fans. Pretend hippies. I don't dig the uniform, the begging for tickets, the veggie burritos in the parking lot and the excess of weed. It's just not my thing. I am not opposed to a good time and love a cold one, but the Phish Phans take it a bit too far for me.

What I do love is good music, especially when it goes places. So while I am home this summer I am checking out some new sounds and I gave Phish another chance with the new album Joy. Very good. So it is back to the live stuff. I have had A Live One for years and listened to it with fresh ears. Again, not bad at all. So I did a little review scanning and decided on NYE 1995 from Madison Square Garden. Really good. I will probably stop here and go out a Phish winner but you never know. As to another live show...probably not. This OldRockr is getting a bit cranky when it comes to the kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment