Friday, July 23, 2010

Some Recent Shows I've Seen



I really like Widespread Panic and was quite excited about the show last night at Radio City Music Hall. The band was indeed on fire. It was a great night of music. The problem was the crowd. Somewhere along the way the free spirit of the 60's and 70's has evolved into the general rudeness of hippy wanna-be assholes in 2010. Just a miserable cross section of drunken, drugged up morons. I grew up in the 70's and while I do not indulge in chemicals you can have a blast if you want to. It's your life. Just stay out of my personal space. To that idiot in the Ithaca is Gorges shirt you should check out who you are annoying before acting like an asshole. You came very close to the Emergency Room last night my inebriated friend.






Tommy Emmanuel at BB Kings this past Sunday was a revelation. I have never seen anyone play an acoustic guitar like this guy. I don't think it is my cup of tea to listen to on the iPod, but live he something to see.






Steve Earle was good at Westbury on Saturday night. Not amazing but always good. He needs to change it up a bit. Those stories are at least 15 years old. As good as he is solo, I would love to see him get back on the road with the Dukes. Those shows for the El Corazon album were some of my all time favorites.



Rush on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment