Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Alejandro Escovedo - Down In The Bowery


Alejandro Escovedo always gets such great press. I feel like I am supposed to love his stuff but it has often left me less than excited. That is until I heard this cut from his excellent new album "Street Songs of Love". For a guy pushing 60, this is one rockin' record. Nothing old sounding or retro here. Just a great album.
The track that caught my attention was "Down in the Bowery" with Ian Hunter (a personal favorite of mine). What a great, great song. He comments that it was written for his son in encouragement to be himself and freaky as he wants. It makes sense. Just give it a listen. You can buy the CD here.


Oh yeah, and this guy named Bruce Springsteen also makes an appearance.

Alejandro Escovedo (with Ian Hunter) - Down in the Bowery

No comments:

Post a Comment