Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The SteelDrivers - Reckless

One of my favorite records from a few years back was The SteelDrivers self titled debut. It was bluegrass, but it was so much more. Great songs and vocals from Chris Stapleton just drove this one so much further than the rest of the field. They put the blues in bluegrass.

I saw a few months back that Chris was leaving so I kind of lost track of the release date (mid-September). I just snagged a copy and to my surprise Chris is doing all the vocals. Apparently he lift after it was recorded. Home run! We get one more. The new singer is Gary Nichols who doesn't sound bad, he's just different. At least there is one more full album from the original line-up. I'll let you know more when I have played it a few more times, although initial impressions are favorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment