Monday, July 2, 2012

Joe Bonamassa - Driving Towards The Daylight

Joe Bonamassa can play.  I jumped on the bandwagon early...before the first album was released (miss those promos) and have tried to stay enthused over the past decade.  It is getting increasingly difficult as he has become one of the biggest names in the blues who releases a steady stream of records.  His prolific recording history may be part of my problem over the past couple of years.

Driving Towards The Daylight is full of great playing.  Joe Bonamassa is a monster player.  Joe Bonamassa can sing.  Joe Bonamassa has become boring.  The album is not bad, it is just predictable.  What was fresh sounding 10 years ago has become predictable.  If you have never heard him before or are a recent convert you may think me crazy but given time I think you may feel the same way.  I've heard it all before.


No comments:

Post a Comment