Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Hillbenders - Grey Fox 2012

 The Hillbenders were the surprise for me at last year's festival and I was thrilled to see them on this year's schedule.  In fact we got 3, count 'em 3, sets from the finest young bluegrass outfit that I have heard.  Yeah, they play bluegrass,but with an energy and a rock & roll sensibility that makes for one seriously good time.  The main stage set was good, but the two sets in the dance tent were just out of control.  Crossroads!!!  I hope they're back next year.

A suggestion:  how about getting on a tour with one of the jamgrass bands and expanding their audience.  The live Hillbenders experience is just electric...with acoustic instruments!

The new album is due for release soon.  Check 'em out.




1 comment:

  1. Hey, great photos! During that set I sat in on harmonica during "Crossroads". If you have any pictures of that it'd be much appreciated! My email address is phDerin@gmail.com

    -Paul

    ReplyDelete