Monday, March 25, 2013

Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell - The Paramount 3/24/13

 Damn, I forgot my camera...everyone else seems to get good pictures with their phone but me.  Oh well, at least the show was really good.

I have to admit I am not all that well versed in the music of Richard Thompson.  I've owned Shoot Out The Lights for years, but never moved past that release.  After seeing him with his Electric Trio I think I may have to dig a bit deeper.  An absolutely tremendous guitarist.
 Emmylou and Rodney are out on tour in support of their duets album Old Yellow Moon.  What seemed like a can't miss on paper turned out to be a can't miss album.  These two old friends and colleagues have made a great record featuring some well chosen covers which are performed exactly as you would want them to be.
The show last night featured that album, some other covers and a smattering of their own signature songs.  The band was tight, the singers were in fine voice and a good time was had by all.  The show was as good as I expected but I wonder what was up with the crowd...old-timer WFUV fans who appeared to be snoozing!  Oh well, their loss.  Catch this show if it comes your way...you won't be disappointed.

Here are a few better shots courtesy of Larry Dell'Erba.






No comments:

Post a Comment