Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bigelf - Cheat The Gallows

I consider myself a rock fan. Granted, I am an OldRockr so my tastes definitely lean towards those wonderful sounds of the 70's. Old guy classic rock and blues for the most part. So I was reading the new Classic Rock and they had a little story on Bigelf. It sounded like I may like it so I gave it a listen. I have to say Wow! Bigelf is kind of different. I guess they are a Prog band, but it is much more than that. I hear loads of 70's influences like Bowie, Queen, some Sabbath, Rush, Yes and believe it or not even some Beatles influences all mixed up with some Pink Floyd to bind it together. This isn't Dream Theater prog metal. It's way more interesting, to me at least, than most of the new things I've heard lately. Very cool stuff.

Check out the video for Money, It's Pure Evil


Here' an electronic press kit.


I wish I had heard this before I took my son to Dream Theater last week. I would have gotten there early and I would have actually enjoyed something. I will be looking forward to their next NY dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment